A Public Hearing will be held on December 18, 2019, at 6 PM, in the Council Chambers, at City Hall, 200 N. 12th Street, West Columbia, regarding an update to the West Columbia Business License Ordinance.
- The update will include the adoption of the North American Industrial Classification (NAICS) published in 2019.
- This change will provide for proper classification to determine license fees.
- Once the update is complete, the following resources will be available on the Business Licenses page of our website:
- Updated Business License Ordinance
- Business License Rate Sheet – NAICS – Appendix B * View Now
- Business License Rates – Appendix A
- Business License Fee Calculator
What this means for businesses:
- Current 2019 Business Licenses will be extended through April 30, 2020, rather than expiring on December 31, 2019.
- The new license year will run from May 1 through April 30 annually.
- Ability to renew business licenses online.
- The license fee will continue to be based on gross income from January 1 through December 31.
For questions regarding business license fees and business classification, please contact the city treasurer’s office at 803-791-1880. A copy of the proposed ordinance can be viewed HERE.