The City of West Columbia City Hall will be closed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, December 25, 26, and 27, 2019, in observance of the Christmas holidays. Regular hours will resume on Monday, December 30, 2019. City Hall offices will also be closed on Wednesday, January 1, 2020, in observance of New Year’s Day. Regular hours will resume on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
The City of West Columbia will not collect yard trash during the week of Christmas.
Sanitation Services for the week of Christmas and New Year’s Day are as follows:
Monday, December 23rd household garbage ONLY will be collected on Monday, December 23rd
Tuesday, December 24th household garbage/recycling will be collected on Monday, December 23rd
Wednesday, December 25th household garbage ONLY will be collected on Tuesday, December 24th
Thursday, December 26th household garbage/recycling will be collected on Tuesday, December 24th
Wednesday, January 1st household garbage/recycling will be collected on Thursday, January 2nd
Thursday, January 2nd household garbage ONLY will be collected on Friday, January 3rd
Please call West Columbia Sanitation at (803) 791-1880 if you have any questions.
As a reminder: Do not mix household trash, yard trash, or recyclable items. Each is collected separately.
· Yard trash may be bagged or placed at the roadside in loose piles.
· Burning trash is prohibited within the city limits.
· Limbs must be broken or trimmed to a manageable size, not exceeding six (6) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter.
· The city reserves the right to limit the amount of trash picked up for any property and DOES NOT remove yard trash from lot clearing activities.
· Removal of debris from home construction, repairs or remodeling is the responsibility of the contractor or the property owner.
· The city will collect certain discarded appliances by special request. Please call Customer Service at (803) 791-1880 for information about disposal
or to schedule collection.
Recycling– Styrofoam and Wrapping Paper are
NOT recyclable but, the following items are being
collected for recycling:
· Plastic bottles and containers (no motor oil)
· Newspapers, magazines, and cardboard
· Glass food and beverage containers
· Aluminum and steel cans