Due to the high volume of recycling from the holidays, we’re adding recycling pickup to these routes this week:
Tuesday and Thursday Routes: Garbage AND Recycling
Monday Route – Pickup Monday – Household Garbage and Recycling
Tuesday Route – Pickup Tuesday – Household Garbage and Recycling
Wednesday Route – Pickup Thursday – Household Garbage and Recycling
Thursday Route – Pickup Friday – Household Garbage and Recycling
For more information, visit westcolumbiasc.gov or call 803-791-1880.
As a reminder: Do not mix household trash, yard trash, or recyclable items. Each is collected separately.
· Yard trash may be bagged or placed at the roadside in loose piles.
· Burning trash is prohibited within the city limits.
· Limbs must be broken or trimmed to a manageable size, not exceeding six (6) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter.
· The city reserves the right to limit the amount of trash picked up for any property and DOES NOT remove yard trash from lot clearing activities.
· Removal of debris from home construction, repairs or remodeling is the responsibility of the contractor or the property owner.
· The city will collect certain discarded appliances by special request. Please call Customer Service at (803) 791-1880 for information about disposal
or to schedule collection.
Recycling– Styrofoam and Wrapping Paper are NOT recyclable but, the following items are being collected for recycling:
· Plastic bottles and containers (no motor oil)
· Newspapers, magazines, and cardboard
· Glass food and beverage containers
· Aluminum and steel cans